10 Things to do in Worthing and Lancing on Rainy Days
7 Apr, 2017
Looking for something to do on a rainy day with the kids in the Worthing and Lancing areas? Here are 10 ideas...
1. Explore local history and art at Worthing Museum and Art Gallery. School holiday activities held.
Where: Chapel Road, Worthing
Opening hours: Tuesday to Saturday, 10:00am to 5:00pm
More information: www.worthingmuseum.co.uk
2. Get active at one of Worthing or Lancing’s leisure centres. Go swimming, join a holiday activity or play badminton.
Where: Splashpoint; 60 Brighton Road, Worthing, www.southdownsleisure.co.uk
Worthing Leisure Centre; Shaftesbury Avenue, Worthing, www.southdownsleisure.co.uk/contact/
Lancing Leisure Centre; Manor Road, Lancing, www.impulseleisure.co.uk/centres/lancing-manor
Opening hours and costs vary
3. Catch a film. Pass a couple of hours by catching a movie at The Connaught or The Dome Cinemas. The Dome is a grade II listed building and one of the oldest working cinemas in the country - so the kids can soak up a bit of history while they are there.
Where: Connaught Theatre, Union Place, Worthing, www.worthingtheatres.co.uk/whats-on/film
The Dome, 21-22 Marine Parade, Worthing, www.domecinema.co.uk
4. Bowl a strike at Worthing’s bowling alley.
Where: Worthing Bowl, Marine Parade, Worthing,
Opening hours: Monday to Friday & Sunday 11am-late. Saturday 10am-late.
Cost: Family (2 adults, 2 children) £18.69 per game
More information: www.amf-bowling.co.uk
5. Play a penny slot at Worthing Pier Amusements. The town’s historic pier is home to a small amusement arcade which the kids will love trying their luck at.
Where: Worthing Pier
Opening hours: Daily 9am-5pm
Cost: As little or as much as you like!
6. Worthing Theatres has daily shows, including kids’ shows during the holidays, across their three venues.
Where: Connaught Theatre, Pavilion Theatre and Assembly Hall
More information: www.worthingtheatres.co.uk
7. Go potty. If the kids want to get creative but you don’t want to clean up the mess then head for Art-ful pottery cafe to create your own ceramic artwork.
Where: Art-ful, Rowlands Road, Worthing.
Opening hours: Tuesday-Saturday 10am-5pm (school holidays).
More information: www.art-ful.co.uk
8. Hit the track and take them indoor go karting for a rush of adrenaline (minimum age restrictions apply).
Where: Teamsport Brighton, 30 Chartwell Road, Lancing Business Park.
Opening hours: Varies
More information: www.team-sport.co.uk/brighton
9. Go Out of Bounds. This activity centre in Angmering (just outside Worthing) offers it all - bowling, soft play, climbing, laser tag and more.
Where: Out of Bounds. Golfers Lane, Angmering.
Opening hours: 9.30am to 9pm
Cost: Varies by acitivity
More information: www.out-of-bounds.co.uk
10. Put on their wellies and let them channel their inner Peppa Pig by jumping in some muddy puddles.