5 Garden Tips To Sell Faster This Autumn
17 Sep, 2014
Even as the weather starts to cool this Autumn, the property market is still pretty hot but there’s no doubt that as Winter approaches buyers become just that little bit harder to find.
But there are simple things you can do to give your property the edge and get it sold quicker (other than just instructing Robert Luff and Co to sell it!).
This time of year is always a challenge for the gardener, with plants dying back and much of the colour disappearing fast. Here’s what to do to put some life back into it.
- Tidy fallen leaves and dead head plants past their best, especially in the front garden as this is your future buyer’s first impression.
- Remove Summer plants from containers and pots and replace with some Winter colour such as Cineraria (Silver Dust), Winter Pansies and Primrose.
- It’s tempting to pack your garden furniture away for a Winter hibernation but this year, leave it on display – it will make your garden much more welcoming for viewers. Clean it regularly though as there’ll be plenty of mould and debris on it if you don’t.
- It will soon be time to give the lawn a final cut for the year. This will make it look tidy but be sure to set the blade higher to leave the grass some extra covering for the cold weather ahead.
- Clip back hedges to tidy and enlarge the look of the garden.
If your home is going to be on the market over Autumn and Winter, spend this weekend getting the garden into shape – you’ll enjoy the difference until you sell!