What's on this Half Term
18 Oct, 2021
It’s Half Term for many Schools in East & West Sussex next week (Monday 25th – Friday 29th) with travel still uncertain for many families we’ve put together a list of activities closer to home to keep the children occupied this Half Term.
So what’s on in and around our local area next week?
1. Under 5’s Story Time under the Museum of the Moon.
Start your day at the Cathedral with a morning story under the light of The Museum of the Moon. Settle down for tales to take you into the stratosphere.
Where: Chichester Cathedral, Chichester, West Sussex
When: Monday 25th October 2021 // 10:15am
Cost: Free drop in session for under 5’s
2. Halloween Trail - Lancing High Street. Are you ready for a fangtastic Halloween trail through #Lancing village? Our Lancing Branch together with other local businesses have come together to create a safe environment for families to trick or treat on Saturday 30th October between 12pm – 2pm
When: Saturday 30th October 2021
Where: Lancing High Street - Visit participating shops
3. Visit the Museum of the Moon at Chichester Cathedral. Chichester Cathedral will host Luke Jerram's touring artwork, the Museum of the Moon, from this October.
Where: Chichester Cathedral
When: Monday 25th October – Sunday 14th November 2021
Cost: Free (Donations welcome)
4. Family Workshop: Awesome Autumn Crafts. It’s amazing what you can create with different shaped Autumn leaves, paints and wiggly eyes. How about making a colourful paper lantern to hang in a window and then there are pine cones to decorate and stick art to discover. All could be great gifts for your family and friends. Come and join in the fun.
Where: Worthing Museum
When: Tuesday 27th October 2021 // 10:30am
Cost: Tickets from £5.00
5. Jack on the Green. A night of Lights and Lanterns. A magical lantern trail for all ages. As darkness falls, the park is brought to life with glowing lanterns, mesmerising projections and immersive soundscapes.
Where: Beach House Park, Worthing
When: Tuesday 22nd October 2021 – 24th October 2021
Cost: Free. Entry by ticket only (up to 6 people).
6. Visit the Pumpkin Picking Patch for Halloween. For Autumn 2021 there are a fabulous range of activities for you all to enjoy at Lychpole Farm between Worthing & Brighton. For the budding pumpkinologists there are 23 acres of pumpkins to pick, for the crafty, lots to create, make and take.
When: Open 9:30am – 4:00pm 22nd – 31st October 2021
Where: Lychpole Farm, Sompting, Lancing.
Cost: Pumpkins start at £1
7. SEA LIFE Brighton’s Ascarium. Join in the spooky fun as SEA LIFE Brighton goes from Aquarium to Ascarium this Halloween.
Follow the immersive trail to find the Sea Witch’s missing potion ingredients hidden throughout the depths of the tanks, where you will also discover some of the spookiest creatures of the sea and you might also receive a treat (or trick)!
Where: Sea Life Centre, Brighton
When: 9th – 31st October 2021
Cost: From £17.20 Adult, £14.00 Child
Discounted tickets available via the National Lottery! Keep hold of your Lottery Tickets and claim your £25 Entry vouchers to many attractions this half term. See the National Lottery Website for full details.
8. Royal Pavilion Ice Rink – Celebrate a greener Christmas this year with the Royal Pavilion Ice Rink. Stunning, twinkly, romantic, child-friendly…and ice powered entirely by Green Energy, Brighton’s Royal Pavilion Ice Rink is open to the public this season from Oct 30th, 2021 – Jan 9th, 2022.
Where: Royal Pavilion, Brighton
When: 30th October – 9th January 2022
Cost: £15 for full price (aged 12 and over), £10 for juniors (under 12).
9. Take in the Stunning views of Brighton & Hove on the British Airways i360. British Airways i360 is a 162 m observation tower on the seafront of Brighton at the landward end of the remains of the West Pier. From the fully enclosed viewing pod, visitors experience 360-degree views across Brighton, the South Downs and the English Channel.
When: Open Mon - Sunday 10:00am - 6:30pm
Where: Brighton beach at the site of the historic West Pier, BN1 2LN.
Cost: Adult 25+ £16.50 // Young Person ( 16-24 years with valid ID) £11.10 // Child 4-15 £8.25 // Toddler 0-3 Free
10. Sleepanova with The Novium Museum & Chichester Cathedral - Friday, October 29 at 7pm until Saturday, October 30 at 8am The space-themed sleepover begins after the museum has closed and guests will enjoy a special night complete with a torch lit treasure hunt, hands on activities and games. We will journey across to the Chichester Cathedral to see the 'Museum of the Moon' by Luke Jerram and take part in space inspired crafts, before heading back for a special bedtime story and settling down to sleep amongst our Roman baths and other exhibitions. £25 per person, booking is essential.
When: Friday 29th October - Saturday 30th October
Where: The Novium Museum, Chichester
Cost: £25 per person (booking is essential) Suitable for children age 7 -11 years old.