Council Tax

Council tax funds local services and most properties - whether they are owned or rented by the occupants - are eligible.

The money is used to pay for services such as education, police, fire service, roads, libraries and rubbish collections.

The amount of council tax you will need to pay depends on the property. All properties are placed in one of eight bands (A to H) - with A being the lowest band and H the highest. There are also some discounts if the property is only occupied by one person or meet certain criteria.

You can find out more about council tax in the Adur and Worthing district area here